There are multiple benefits of installing a ground-mounted solar system.
- ~No structural changes needed to your roof to accommodate the added weight.
- ~No holes drilled into your roof that could possibly lead to problems with water leakage.
- ~The ability to choose the ideal orientation and angle for your system to maximize your production.
- ~Easily accessible for cleaning and maintenance.
- ~Room for expansion. You are not limited to only the available space on your roof.
To ensure your project is done to our standards, installation is performed by our own CT licensed electricians and apprentices. We do not "sub out" your project to a contractor you have never met.
Frequently asked questions
- Why should I purchase a photovoltaic system? It is a clean, renewable, and reliable source of energy and will grealty reduce your need to purchase energy from your local utility.
- Do I have a suitable site for a PV array? South facing exposure is best and with a ground-mount system you can choose the ideal location.
- Are batteries required for a PV system? No, batteries are not required.
- Are there incentives available for PV systems? Yes, currently there is a Federal Tax Credit for 2021 and a Residential Solar Incentive Program based on expected performance of your system.
Solar Panels require very little maintenance. To get the most out of your system, we suggest occassional cleaning. Keeping the panels free of dirt and pollen is a much easier and safer task with a ground-mounted system. Ground-mountng also allows for increased air flow around your panels which helps to maximize production and provides easy access to the wiring.
How Solar Panels Work
Photovoltaic (PV) systems use solar electric panels to convert the sun’s energy into electricity. This conversion occurs without moving parts, without noise, and without pollution.
The solar electricity generated is converted into utility grade electricity for use in the home or building. This electricity can be used to offset the need to purchase electricity from the utility company or, if the PV electricity production exceeds the home’s demand, the excess electricity can be sent back to the utility, typically for credit.
Often the PV panels are installed on roofs, but can also be installed as free-standing units, on a structure on the ground.
Connecticut Solar Electric, LLC will be there to assist you with every step of your residential or commercial solar electric project. As a CT Green Bank RSIP approved installer, we are able to obtain rebate monies to help offset the initial cost of your photovoltaic system. And as a licensed electrical contractor, we are able to perform additional energy saving services to help reduce consumption and cost for our residential and commercial customers.Contact us today and take the first step toward energy savings.
Call us for a quote